AS A PATIENT, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
- File a grievance with the facility by contacting the Clinical Director, via telephone or in writing, when you feel our rights have been violated.
- Report anycomments concerning the quality of services provided to you during the time spent at the facility and receive fair follow-up on your comments.
- Know about any business relationships among the facility, healthcare providers, and others that might influence your care or treatment.
- Know the reason(s) for your transfer either inside or outside the surgery center.
- File a complaint of suspected violations of health department regulations and/or patient rights.Complaints may be filed at:
Arizona Department of Health Service150 N. 18th AvenuePhoenix, AZ 85007(602) 364-3030www.azdhs.gov
AAAHC525 Old Orchard Road, #200Skokie, IL 60077(847) 853-6060www.AAAHC.org
Officeof the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsmanhttp://www.medicare.gov/claims-and-appeals/medicare-rights/get-help/ombudsman.html
AS A PATIENT, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Providing, to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete information about your present health status and past medical history and reporting any unexpected changes to the appropriate physician(s).
- Following the treatment plan recommended by the primary physician involved in your case.
- Providing an adult to transport you home after surgery and an adult to be responsible for you at home for the first 24 hours after surgery.
- Indicating whether you clearly understand and contemplated course of action and what is expected of you and ask questions when you need further information.
- Your actions if your refuse treatment, leave the facility against advice of the physician, and/or do not follow the physicians instructions related to your care.
- Ensuring that the financial obligations of your healthcare are fulfilled as expediently as possible.
- Providing information about and/or copies of any living will, power of attorney, or other directive that you desire us to know about.